So today I have followed the trend and eventually jumped in to that icy swimming pool of couch to 5k.
To say I can't run is of course daft, I probably can , I know I can but it just has never appealed. However, spurred on by many friends who have also taken the plunge I thought, spring is here I will give it a go. I did a google search and found a local group run by two ladies who set up a running group aimed at people like me, the proceeds go to the local hospice. This is the group I would join. .I went today, worrying about where one would leave car keys. We started with get to know you sessions which usually annoy me but they didn't. I suspiciously viewed the gear that people wore to assess whether they really are running novices. We stood around in a circle and introduced ourselves and had to say something interesting about ourselves. I am always interested in people, perhaps nosily so, I thought I can do this bit, it was a gentle introduction with a few active games before the first running session. Our teachers were enthusiastic, supportive and kind. I was pretty tired after one hour and the thought of the homework sessions makes me wonder if i will be disciplined enough to do them. Not a good record of doing homework. Yes I found the running part tough, yes I still do not like running, the camaraderie was great, it was fun, the weather was beautiful and as I drove home I thought that I would return next week for week two. However I cannot for the life of me think of what I shared as my interesting fact about me!
No comments:
Post a Comment